Fun Activities 2015
- 4.Vasco da Gama opened the doors of colonialism in India by landing at this port in 1498 AD.
- 5.Gandhi ended the long march of Salt Satyagraha at this village in Gujarat.
- 6.The point of origin of the uprising of 1857.
- 8.A non-violent peasant movement against planters that arose in Bengal in 1859.
- 1.The first English trading post was set up here.
- 2.East India Company’s Robert Clive defeated Siraj-ud-daula and planted Mir Jafar as a puppet ruler in Bengal after this war.
- 3.The Munda tribe leader, who took charge of the tribal belt of modern-day Bihar and Jharkhand, in the late 19th century.
- 7.A Santhal rebellion leader of present-day Jharkhand who fought against the British and the corrupt zamindari system.